Thursday, January 26, 2012

Obsessions are never easy to admit to...

I tell you guys, I tend to get obsessed with certain things...cameras, crocheting, lip balms, yarn, vintage owls, purses, hats and now...nail polish. This is a SICK addiction that I won't be letting up anytime soon (hopefully). I tend to find something that I really want to be interested in and end up purchasing every possible thing you can get for that addiction. But the sickest part of this addiction is...once I have everything for that possible addiction, I tend to toss it to the side and let it collect dust. I've been trying my ever-so-hardest not to do this. This obsession I will be sharing with you is nail polish (not like it's a big surprise or anything, hehe). 





Say hello to my sick obsession. This is NOT my entire collection, let me add, these are just my newest editions (sadly, more have been added to this since I took these photos). If you want specific names, feel free to comment and I can let you know. :) 

The one thing I try do when buying polish is to only buy reduced price or sale items. There are a few instances where of course you can't & you have to end up paying the entire price, but most times you can wait until it goes on clearance (or there is an awesome sale). I've been scoping out the interwebs as of late for some good polishes and have found a few sites that sell brand name polishes (China Glaze anyone??) for a super low price. The only drawback is the shipping. Some offer lower prices and free shipping, which seems to be the best route to take. 

I just joined Sally Beauty Supply's rewards program. It's 5 bucks for a year, but they give you a $5 off coupon of a $5 dollar item or more, which makes it free. This can save you tons of money. I personally like to shop at Sally's because they always have reduced price polishes, plus an additional 50% off the reduced price, can we say savings?? I'm pretty impatient and hate waiting for stuff to come in the mail, so I'd personally rather do that then buy online. But as you can see, I've been getting a wee bit too into this nail thing. I'm even considering starting a nail blog. But that may take this addiction thing a wee bit too far...

I had tried the Sally Hansen nail strips in the past and had a real bad experience. They wouldn't stick and were dried out. Only for me to find out that you aren't supposed to open the package until you are ready to use them on your nails, oops! I tried the clearance holiday one's in the photo above to see if I would have better luck, and I did!! They are still a bit pricy, but now I'll certainly be getting my hands on them more often, especially when they clearance them out!! 

On a totally unrelated subject, don't you hate brain freezes?? I just got a Frappuccino from Starbucks and man, one sip and my brain is frozen and in the worst pain ever! I wonder why that happens!? 

Also, please make sure to enter the giveaway, tomorrow is your last chance!! 

xo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...