Thursday, April 1, 2010



First and foremost, how old are you?? I'm the ripe age of 23! Sadly, I think this sounds rather old. But I assure you, it's not ;)


What sparked your interest in making an Etsy shop? Oh boy, I'll give you the short answer of this. I was an obsessor of lip balms/glosses/etc. I mean, I had over 300 (how embarrassing) lip balms at one time. When I was younger, I always wanted to make my own, but felt it was too difficult. Then I found Etsy. I seen so many shops that had so many different things, including balms, that I knew it couldn't be that hard to make some. So I researched my butt off and here I am today! I mostly am concerned now with using herbs from the earth in my products, as opposed to just making lip balms. Be sure to stay tuned to my shop because there will be many other things in there instead of just lip balms. :)


What kind of camera do you use? Right now I have a Nikon Coolpix L110. It's not a fancy DSLR, but it's pretty darn close. I also have my baby, my Nikon N70, that is a film SLR. I have yet to post (or develop) any photos taken from that just yet. I will soon! I promise!!


Where did the name "Autumn Balm Botanicals" come from? Man, I wish I had a super duper amazing answer to this question, but I don't. I was having the hardest time thinking of a name for my shop. Autumn is my favorite season around, so I knew that had to be in there. I was focusing on making body balms so I knew "Balm" had to be in there. But I couldn't just leave it as "Autumn Balm", that sounds kinda dumb, so I added "Botanicals" due to my herbal love. It's kind of a mouthful, I wish I would have picked a smaller name, but I do love it...now try saying it three times fast ;)


How come you don't share any outfit posts? Because I'm too chicken. No really! I'm a bigger gal, and I always had some self confidence issues, especially lately. But I'm making a promise to myself to do at least one outfit post this year! I just need a really cute outfit to do that! 


How many pets do you have? I have 3 Siamese kitties (a blue point, plain point and a seal/chocolate point). Bentley is the oldest, then came Benson (Benny) and then our recent addition, Bogart (Bogie). I can't forget my baby girl, Lady Jane, who is a Cocker Spaniel. She'll be 5 this year! So all in all, 4 lovely pets! 


How many siblings do you have? I have two older brothers. We are all 5 years apart. So my oldest brother is 10 years older than I. I am also an only child. My mom was married to their dad, eventually divorcing him, and married my dad & had me! I am my father's only child, which is why I am an only child, too! Just to clarify though, I never think of my brothers as only half brothers, because we lived together our whole lives. My parents never raised us to think we were only each other's half sibling either, how uncool would that have been?


What do you usually do when you're not working? I usually watch movies a bunch, that's probably what I do the most. A lot of the time though you'll catch me crocheting, cooking, reading something, surfing the web or taking photos. 


***

If you have any questions that you would like to be included, please feel free to email me at autumnbalmbotanicals@gmail.com or ask me a question on my Formspring!

xo.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...