Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weekend Getaway...

 

What a silly and fun weekend. My mom and I had drove to East Bethel, MN to visit my oldest brother and his family. I hadn't seen them in over a year. So this visit was long overdue. Lola and Lady were ready for their 7 hr car ride...


Our first destination was West Salem, Wi...which is about 3 hours away from where I live. This is the place where my father is buried. I hadn't visited him since April, so I was very very excited (and sad, too) to visit him (and my uncle, grandparents, as well as a few others that I haven't met). 

My father and I.

I love this little cemetery. It has such history. Not to mention, it seems as though half my family is buried there. It's a place I cherish deep down inside. I wish I could be there everyday. 

The ride to my brother's house was a loooong one! It's interesting to see how different Minnesota is from Wisconsin. How they are just right next to each other, and yet, they are completely different. I have to say, I may never leave my home state, I love it too much! We found this little plant on the way up. Me and my mom thought it was the strangest thing ever! It kinda reminded me of the movie "Robots". :p 


We had gone to the Minnesota State Fair. It was a great time for the kiddies. They went on a ton of rides. I had felt a wee bit nostalgic...every year as a child, I had gone to the fair over my Birthday with my Dad. We always went on the rides together. I love seeing kids get so excited about the fair as I had once upon a time. 

My brother had won the kiddos this giant stuffed animal...in about the first 15 minutes of being there. It was not a fun time carrying that around with a ton of people around. I can't even begin to name how many people commented on it or how many people we unknowingly smacked with it. 

We had visited a few bunnies at the fair. They were uber cute. It made me sad to see them in a cage, though. This particular bunny reminded me of my pup, Lady.

We had a great time out on the lake. I caught a tiny Bass, and everyone else caught bigger ones! Here is my little guy:

We threw all our fishes back, don't worry! :)

Buh bye!

All in all, it was a great weekend! I miss my brother already, but I'm sure we'll see him soon! I'm sad that August is over. But I am beyond excited for fall...I get to wear sweatshirts and my cute knitted hats and all that jazz. Not to mention, watching the best Halloween movies around and taking beautiful photographs of the trees! I had taken quite a bit of film photos from this past weekend. So once those get developed, I will post them on here :) Happy last day of August! Bring on fall <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...