Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One person's trash is another person's treasure!


Thrifting has been a very huge thing since I was a little (and I mean little) girl. My mom's been doing it practically her whole life, and my father was a garbageman, so we always found treasures in all kinds of places. I remember getting teased as a child from the other kids at school about wearing clothes from the thrift store. I really didn't have a choice because we were rather poor the majority of my childhood. I hated shopping there for quite some time after that incident... But I always deep down had a love for thrifting. I eventually stopped caring about what other people thought about it (hah, and suddenly going to Goodwill was "cool") and did what I pleased. 

These are some of the neat goodies I found last night. I got three vintage cameras for about 1.75 each (it was half price day on everything). 


Here is a close up of what vintage camera's I currently own (not including the Nikon I just bought). The Duaflex III was my grandparents. I was especially excited about the Sun 600. I actually did not know that they had discontinued the 600 film a few years back. I looked on eBay and HOLY MAN! It's expensive. So I did a bit more digging and found out that a new company (they were previous employee's of Polaroid) took on the film and it's now being produced once more. It's a lot cheaper than what's on eBay, but still expensive. I will certainly be buying a pack. Incase you are curious, check out the-impossible-project.com for details!! 


This is what I got the other day. May not look like much, but man, was a stoked when I found this. The mug I've been searching for left and right. I've been wanting one for the longest time and I scored this baby for .49 cents!!!! It's homemade and beautiful. I've also been looking for a tripod for the longest time as well. It's PERFECT for using for my shop!! 


I got this gorgeous skirt last night. I'm thinking about converting it into a dress. I love it. 

I've been meaning to post these right after I bought my goodies but life just sweeps you away every now and again... I'm hoping to find more goodies in the near future!! 


Me and Lady showing off our toughness. Love herrr. 



3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm your newest follower & I am IN LOVE with your blog! I also looove the vintage cameras! <3 x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...