Monday, November 7, 2011

End of Summer

I think today has been the first day in a long time that it has hit me that summer is really over. I was just sitting outside with Lady enjoying how nice it is. This is actually pretty abnormal for Wisconsin. It feels like spring outside. The sun was warm on my skin, bugs are still flying around. I'm really going to miss that. 


I'm normally the type of person who hates summer and loves winter. But not lately. Winter here the last couple years have been brutal. Last year we had our "Snowpocalypse." Our entire city was shut down, and Milwaukee is not small by any means. Snow hits us hard here, and I really hate that. Don't get me wrong, I love how pretty it is and all that, but I hate cleaning my car off and shoveling it out day after day. 


I'm going to miss flowers. They always brighten my day when I see them. I'm going to miss how they smell and watching them bloom. I'm going to miss picking them and putting them in my hair. I'm going to miss watching my own flowers bloom that I planted just from a seed. 


I'm going to miss storm clouds and thunder. I'm going to miss the rain. I'm going to miss the pretty sunsets and bonfires.


I'm going to miss fishing with my cousins. I'm going to miss being on the boat and remembering my childhood with my dad. I'm really going to miss Crandon and my cousin Nick. I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer. I'm not ready for ice, snowstorms, shoveling, frozen noses and driving in the snow. I will welcome hot chocolate, yummy homemade meals, soup, Christmas movies, pumpkin pie and snuggling with my pets in bed. I guess I'll just have to dream about Crandon everyday, like last year, to get through this winter! 

xo. 



1 comment:

  1. I can't even imagine how the winters there are. Here it will get freezing and you'll get some ice and MAYBE an inch or two of snow and everyone freaks out about how big of a deal it is. But then the summers are so hot and humid you can't wear makeup because it's all sweated off by time you get outside. I hope your winter is not too harsh!

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...