Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My most treasured items...


So I found this website that asks you what you would bring if your house was on fire. It's really interesting to see what people all over the world would bring. I submitted my list to the site, and it's currently going through moderation. So I thought to post that (and a few other things I cherish) on here for you all to see! So here's my "incase my house (it's really a tin can) burns down:"

  • My grandfather's bird book
  • The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • A photo album of my father & our family
  • MacBook (and iMac - not pictured)
  • iPod
  • iPhone
  • Nikon Coolpix L110
  • Polaroid Automatic 240 Land Camera
  • Nikon N70
  • Film
  • Titanic DVD - Special Edition
  • A photograph of my parents on their honeymoon
  • An old photo of my dad from the 70's
  • Two vintage Pink Floyd albums
  • My dad's old work sweatshirt 
  • And the blanket underneath everything (was my dad's)
So there you have it! Here are some things I cherish...


This is the photo of my dad from the 70's. Ever since I've seen this photo of him, I've kept it in a special place. It's so magical to me. I loved how he looked here. I've never seen him this scruffy, but I still love it. I miss him so much.


This is the Polaroid picture of my parents on their honeymoon when they went to Eagle River, WI. I kept this by my side ever since I was realllly little. I was infatuated with it because of it being a Polaroid, plus, my parents weren't married very long...so I always liked looking at this to remind me that they did really love each other, no matter what.


The photo had peeled apart. I like that you can see them on all parts of this photo.


My mom's writing <3


My parents and my grandma in the background. I love love love this picture of them. I love our yard, it's so colorful. I love how happy they looked. I love my grandma's crazy hair. What I don't love is the fact that my dad is smoking a cigarette. Almost every photo I have of him, he has one in his hand. :( Perhaps if he never smoked, he still might be here. But we can't change the past. I'm so thankful to have such beautiful photos of him to look back on. 


Last but not least...another picture of my dad. This is during his fight with cancer. I love the look on his face. It reminds me of a curious child. He was in such good spirits during his fight with four different cancers. I'm so proud of him. 

So if my house burned down, these would be the things I would grab (also including my mom, two cats and a dog - can't forget those)!! What would you take if your house was on fire?

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...