Thursday, December 29, 2011

A lost love...



I seriously forgot that I owned this movie. I forgot how fantastic it is. I am rather ashamed of myself for that. It is one of those interestingly spectacular movies with an all star cast. A movie that you wouldn't think any of the cast members would do. It's by far unique and special...original would be the perfect word. 


How crazy would it be if you could choose to erase certain memories from your mind? One second they're there, and BAM, they're gone! I know there are times (especially in recent events) that I wish I could just delete certain memories. But I don't think I could ever do such a thing. Because those memories and experiences made me, well, me. 


It's interesting that Joel decided to erase Clementine from his mind, only to try to stop those wonderful memories from being erased forever. He realized that the good, bad and the ugly was still worth holding onto. 


I love how spontaneous Clementine is. She's impulsive and changes her mind at the drop of a hat. Joel on the other hand is much more reserved, responsible. How could they fit together? Somehow they do. 

If you could, would you ever choose to erase certain memories from your mind? Why?

xo.

ps. My job interview is tomorrow...EEK!! Wish me luck && cross your fingers I get the job!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a mind-blowing movie. I love Kate Winslet in this movie, her hair,her style, everything. This movie is great but so sad. You can't not cry in it, especially if your thinking about what memories you wish you could erase but know you actually wouldn't. I wouldn't myself erase any memories but I do have a sort of locked box inside my body(not really of course :p) that I put bad memories/thoughts in so I can forget they happened. I'm actually pretty good at it, like if I found out something really disturbing about my childhood or family I'd "put it in the box" and not think of it and after a few months, years ect, I would forget about it. It sounds creepy I know, but it works for things that are just to hard to face.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...