Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Resolutions??

Lordy bee, only a few days left until the new year. Wow, where did 2011 go?? Needless to say, it wasn't the best year, but it was decent. Not to get too deep, but quite a few people died this year, so that was the definite downside. But the upside was camping (of course), starting Autumn Balm Botanicals, this blog, quitting the job I hated oh so much, realizing you can't live life constantly asking "what if?" and finally allowing myself to move forward with my dad's death.

Now, I am no resolution girl. Especially the whole, "I'm going to lose xx amount of weight once the new year happens." Um, no. I've done stupid (for me) resolutions like that and most times, they don't hold up for a week. I am going to set aside goals that are very much realistic for me to accomplish in 2012. Wanna know what they are?? Here we go...

  • Don't be afraid to be yourself. I was SUPER uber dooper self conscious in high school. I mean, to the point where I wouldn't talk to anyone (other than the few friends I did have). Once I got my first job in high school, I *had* to talk to people. My shell obviously opened up. Now I'm not nearly as self conscious as I was back then, but I do find it hard to allow my inner self to completely show through. Meaning, I should dress more in the clothes I wish I wore, instead of drooling over them on someone else. Yes, This is indeed a weight issue, but I am finally getting comfortable in my own skin. Needless to say, this was years in the making, but just because I'm a bigger gal doesn't mean I can't look cute & feel good about it! 
  • Find a job that is fulfilling! In October I quit my full time job. This was at least a year in the making. I hated it. Downright HATED it. I was mistreated on so many levels, they overworked you & so on and so forth (I don't want to bad mouth, really). But the sudden death of my cousin made me truly realize that I NEED to be happy. I seen my mom her whole life just settle for things and never did what would make her happy. I down right REFUSE to let things do that to me. I'm no where near perfect happiness (I mean, who is?), but I'm certainly heading in the right direction. I have a job interview scheduled for this Friday, and it seems to be perfect for what I want to do in my life. I'll explain more about that at a later date, if I get the job that is. 
  • Crochet, crochet, crochet! I really want to make a granny square for the first time, heck, even a granny square blanket. I want to learn how to put a border on whatever I'm making. I'd love to make a blanket for my bed. This is something I will make happen in the new year! And even perhaps add some more crochet items in my shop. Just because I can :) 
  • Read! Not to make another reference to who I was in high school, but I was a downright DORK. I always had my nose in a book. Which is prolly why I wasn't huge on friends, which is totally ok. But I miss feeling the urge to read and wanting to read just one more page! I have literally 100's of books that I need to get a move on, and I hope this year I can do that! 
  • Update my blog! I don't nearly update as much as I should, or want to. But I hope to make a good change this coming year. I want to be more involved and have fun stuff planned. I know it's hard in the winter (at least for me) to take fun outdoorsy pics that I love to do, but I need to find some other great things to take photos of. I also want to make more of an effort and reach out to other bloggers. This is a great community and I really want to be apart of it. I find so many amazing and inspiring blogs, and I hope I can be that way to someone else. 
  • Create more for my shop. Ohmygosh. When I first was coming up with the idea of my shop, ideas just flowed and flowed, then they came to an abrupt stop. Why? I dunno. Should I change this? Absofreakinlutely. Spring and summer gets me the most inspired to create and use herbs and oils. Probably because I feel more in touch with the natural resources around me. But I don't want to only have creative inspiration during spring and summer. I would like to implement a variety of items in my shop, not just lip balms. I need to dust off my idea book and get to work! 
Honestly, that's all I can think of right now. It is a lot, but I know there is so much more I would like to accomplish. Heck, who knows, there might even be a pt 2 to this. Also, I would like to wish my beautiful mother a Happy Birthday today! I've spent 23 lovely years with her, and I hope (and pray) for many many more to come! So Happy Birthday Mumsie, I love you!! 


My mom is on the right, holding me as a baby.


xo.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the first goal, since it's one of mine too. I'm a big girl(I just don't do outfit posts really so you can't tell) and I never wear/buy the clothes and fashions I want bc I never think I can pull them off. I stick with jeans, long cardigans and flats and I get asked if I'm pregnant more often then I'd like. I plan on losing some weight in the new year, but no matter what, I've always been curvy and I always will be so I might as well dress like I want. I want to step out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I know I'll most likely be this way so instead of me trying to hide it, it's time for me to embrace it! :) I want to step out of my comfort zone too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...