Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bookworm Thursday


So last week I read "Diary" by Chuck Palahniuk. So here's my rating...

I give this book a C+

Yeup, I said it. Not the best rating. I actually had the hardest time holding any interest into this book. I'm a busy gal, so I need a good book to wisp me right off my feet into readers oblivion. And this book didn't do that. This probably wasn't the best book to start off with of his, so I wouldn't deem him as unreadable just yet...


I thought the plot was a wee bit...bland. The beginning seemed repetitive...we find psycho writings on the walls of houses written buy a guy who tried to kill himself and most of these writings involve his fat wife. It seemed to state that over and over again without getting into any great detail. I mean, I guess that's the point, you build up to a climax, but you have to keep the reader interested until the climax is reached. I personally love books with a great amount of detail. I love visualizing everything. His writing lacks that. But to each their own, right? I may have to reread this. I usually like books/movies/music the second time around. Now don't let my review sway you. I'm picky. Very picky. 


But anyways, I can't wait until next weeks post! I'm so excited about my next read :D I do suggest reading the Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. He is fabulous! The book is just...awesome. Better than the movie, much much better. Maybe I'll do a detailed review on that book soon! I had made a new button for my blog. I just love it! I will be sponsoring MaieDae in the month of October, and I am very very excited. I can't wait to meet new people (hopefully) and gain more readers. I've never been apart of a sponsorship before, so I'm so excited! :) And hello to my new readers. I'm so glad to have you <3

And before I say goodbye...


Isn't he precious?? 

xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...