Monday, May 30, 2011

Home Sweet...


Nothing beats a Crandon sunset! I had a great Memorial Day weekend up north. The weather wasn't as good to us as we hoped for, but we made the best out of it! We had a few chances to get out on the water to try to catch some fish, but unfortunately we were unsuccessful. In a way, that's fine by me because I was very much content with being on a boat and listening to the waves and the birds chirp all around me. Plus, I had my camera, which gave me a great opportunity to play photog this weekend! 


I'm posting my favorite shots of the weekend. I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked, but I was lucky to get a few winners out of the one's I took. I just love the color of the photo above. The dull lake, loaded with Iron, making the water brown...while a beautiful green leaf appears, standing out and asking for attention. Most of the time I was up there, I was just soaking in the sounds and the views. I took a couple videos of the waves and the birds chirping, and also a thunderstorm that was in the distance. But my favorite thing to take a picture of by far is eagles & birds...


This shot is of a Golden Eagle...the first time I have ever seen one! We went to Pickeral Lake to go fishing and as we were launching our boats, I seen this guy far off in the distance. I was in the car and could see him far up into the trees! I wasn't able to get a good shot of him at the launch, but as we hit the lake, he showed back up, and much closer than before! You could tell this guy was hungry because he was circling around and eventually found some food. One thing that I dislike about this photo is that you aren't able to see his coloring. But anyway, the sight of him was purely amazing!


These guys were EVERYWHERE in Crandon. There were acres and acres of these beautiful dandelions bloomed all over the place. I wanted to pick as many as I could and save them for a future product of mine. If you didn't already know, dandelions have wonderful healing properties that can be used broadly. And what's nice about this particular herb is that all parts of this plant can be used for different things. So it's certainly something to look into! And what's nice about them is that almost everyone has them in their back yard! I will be using this herb in my shop very soon, and please keep an eye open to see what it is. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...