Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wakey Wakey!


Who really blogs at 3:37 in the am? This girl! Here I am WIDE awake pondering things and letting my creative juices flow for my shop. I just don't know where to begin or what to start creating. Sunday's are usually my big "time to make something new, so hop to it" day. I try to make a new scent or a new product of something to sell in my shop. I think we have done pretty darn nifty since our official opening on Etsy. I'm glad to make over 20 sales in about a month's time.

I've been thinking a lot about plants lately and their purpose. I find it incredibly fascinating that one plant, grown from a seed & then bloom to a beautiful plant, could hold such powerful properties. How it could heal something as simple as a cut or a scrap or something so large as depression. I find that mind boggling really. How is that possible, and how was it proven to actually cure those things? How did someone think to say "Hey, look at this plant, lets try it and see what it does"! Call me weird, but I just think it's awesome and just so...crazy (in a good way). I'm one of those people who tends to over think things (can't ya tell, hehe) and look much farther to find a deeper meaning (tends to get me in trouble a lot of the time actually...). I just am blown away at each purpose and each plant. Most people are so closed minded to the wonderful world that's surrounding them. That all things on the planet (natural things of course) have a specific purpose and are there to help us. That you could step outside your door and find a dandillion which can cure a wide range of things...and yet, most people kill them, instead of harvesting them for their awesomely amazing healing properties. I'm sad to say that I was one of those close minded people...until something sparked in my brain that told me that these plants, these natural ingredients and all the things around me are here for a reason. To help us, to cure. It seriously makes me feel so much better inside to utilize these gifts. Man, I sound like a crazy person here, but it's true. If you don't  know much about herbs, I HIGHLY suggest you research them. Just look into it, you will be simply amazed. I promise you that much. You may not believe it, but all this stuff has been used for centuries. It's on our planet for a reason. It's so much better than the chemicals you're stuffing in your body or applying to your skin or hair. Natural is the way to go. It's not a fad, it's a way of life.

I guess enough ranting about that stuff. There are a few things that will be coming up in the near near future. I have a Bug Spray (I think I mentioned something in a post or two back), cuticle oil (hoping to make this today actually), a beauty salve, and some other goodies as well. I'm actually in the works of doing a Wisconsin Balm line for my shop. It's pretty cool (if you're a Wisconsinite). It should be out sometime this week I'm sure. So yeah, I have a lot of work ahead of me. Man, sometimes it kills to have a full time job (I'm not complaining though), just so pressed for time.

Before I conclude, the pic above is my all purpose Cocoa Salve in a 1 oz tin. This baby is AH MAZ ING. I can't tell you that enough! It's gorgeous and works on soooo many things, I simply lost count on all the neat things it works on. My favorite is my nails. I apply this every time I wash my hands (my hands dry out really quickly), and then apply lotion afterwards. My nails have never been this good or healthy. It's something worth checking out. I have a .25 oz sample up for purchase as well, incase you are skeptical or don't want that much. Well, I think I'm gonna head off to bed, long day and I think if I don't stop now, this blog post will be as long as my house :p

~ Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...